Building LibVNCServer-0.6 for m68k-rtems

Mark Mussetter mark at link-comm.com
Tue Aug 17 17:10:41 UTC 2004

I have some questions about building LibVNCServer-0.6 for RTEMS.  I'm not
very experienced with makefiles or configure so these questions might be
pretty basic.

Our system:
target = Motorola Coldfire 5272
host = Cygwin (running on a Windows XP machine)

My questions are in regards to the --host, --target, and --build options to
configure.

I would assume that to get LibVNCServer to build a library that I could
link in to my RTEMS application, I would need to specify
--target=m68k-rtems.  However, when I do this, configure finds and invokes
the standard gcc compiler from my usr/bin directory in the Cygwin tree.

I have tried all of the combinations of --build, --host, and --target
options and it seems that the only way I can get configure to find and use
the m68k-rtems compiler to build LibVNCServer is if I specify
"--host=m68k-rtems" on the command line to ./configure.

It doesn't seem right to me to specify the --host variable.

Can anyone tell me how I need to set the --host, --build, and --target options?

Thanks,

Mark Mussetter
Link Communications, Inc.
1035 Cerise Rd