Coldfire 5282 problem

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Tue Aug 17 19:21:53 UTC 2004

I'm currently working on a port of RTEMS to the Motorola Coldfire and
the 5282 Lite Kit developement board. I have the following problem:

As soon as I change the value of the RAMBAR register, the next
instruction trigger a bus error, which seems to be that the code, which
was executing from the internal flash of the 5282, is not accessible
anymore. Using GDB no memory region can be read either just after the
RAMBAR register is initialized.

Question: How can a change to the RAMBAR register invalidate access to
the internal flash??? Or am I missing something here?

Etienne Fortin
Sensio