Goahead code

Ralf Corsepius ralf_corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Aug 19 17:24:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 18:02, Steve Holle wrote:
> How hard would it be to extract the GoAhead code from the RTEMS build and
> make it a library so I could change the webrom.c and webmain.c files
> without rebuilding rtems?
Why would you want to do this?

Apologize the dumb question, but I have never used the GoAhead server:
Do these files contain configuration information you need to change per
application? If yes, these files should not be built as part of the BSP
or need to be redesigned. If no, there should not be any reason to
extract them from the per-bsp source-tree.

>  It now takes us 30min. to rebuild rtems!
Which host-machine/OS is this?

30min is extraordinary sloooowww.

*Full builds* of the source tree for one BSPs take very much less on my
1GHz PIII Linux-PC.

*Rebuilds*, after having changed some source-files, can take from few
seconds up to the time a full build takes.

> Has anyone done this?
No.

> Could someone give me details?

It's almost trivial:

Comment out the corresponding lines from the corresponding Makefile.ams,
add references to these files and rules to the Makefile.am you want them
to be compiled and rebuild the Makefile.ins.

Ralf