Clock setting for SPARC/LEON

Jerry Needell jerry.needell at unh.edu
Thu Aug 19 20:30:47 UTC 2004

I hope I am just missing something obvious, but I'm stumped so I'll ask
for help.
I am using RTEMS 4.6.1 on the SPARC/LEON BSP. We are running our board
at
14.7456 Mhz and I am trying to figure out how to set things up so the
timer ticks
are correct. It seems like the the timing requires that there be an
integer number of system clock ticks per microsecond and 14 is not a
very good approximation. The system frequency is required for other
reasons so I'm stuck with it.  Does anyone have any suggestions about
how to proceed?

Also can anyone show me where the code actually gets the frequency
information.  I cannot find a place where
BSP_Configuration.microseconds_per_tick is actually initialized.

I am using a Gaisler Research GR-PCI-XC2V development board.

Thanks  - Jerry