PowerPC ISR Argument

Feng, Shuchen feng at bnl.gov
Tue Aug 24 18:04:10 UTC 2004

Hi all,

What is the status and example of the PowerPC ISR Argument ?

I found nothing related to this topic by seraching
"ISR Argument" in RTEMS mailing list archive.  Luckily, I recalled
some discussion dated  back to Feb. 2003.  That was how
I can find them by the 'date posted'.  It would be nice
if I can pass argument via ISR, whose value would be
updated in the ISR.  I guess it is referred "a pointer
to the interrupt stack frame" in the document.

In rtems-4.6.0/doc/porting :

"NOTE: It is desirable to include a pointer to the interrupt stack frame as
an argument to the interrupt service routine.  Eventually, it would be
nice if all ports included this parameter."

However, in
rtems-4.6.0/cpukit/score/cpu/powerpc/rtems/new-exceptions/cpu.h

#define CPU_ISR_PASSES_FRAME_POINTER 0

1) Does it mean it is not implemented in PPC new-exception ?

2) How can I pass the pointer if it is implemented in any port?
Sorry about my confusion, but I might have missed some information.

I know  it would be ISR_handler(vector, stack frame pointer).

However, how is the variable get attched ?  I would appreciate
some examples.  Currently, it is ISR_handler() even without
the vector parameter.

Thanks in advance,
Kate