Heap configuration question

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Tue Aug 31 15:57:33 UTC 2004

How is the heap size configured?
How is RTEMS_Malloc_Initialize used?

I went right to bringing up Tcl once everything was working OK.  It is
crashing in an malloc() call while calling rtems_region_get_segment,
eventually it gets an illegal instruction.  I'm assuming the heap is
exhausted and I haven't configured it properly.  I can't find
instructions for configuration.

I put a breakpoint in RTEMS_Malloc_Initialize, but that is never called.

Then I looked at "confdefs.h" where CONFIGURE_MALLOC_REGION is
hardwired to 1, without a #ifdef wrapped around it.  Do I need to
modify and rebuild RTEMS?

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.