Port for ADI BlackFin

Thu Aug 5 13:42:01 UTC 2004

Nguyen Hoan Hoang wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Has anyone ported RTEMS to ADI BlackFin DSP ?

Apparently not.  I looked at the processor manual and notes
on the GNU toolset port and don't see anything about the
CPU itself that would be problemmatic when porting.  The
RTEMS Porting Guide is online in HTML here.

http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.1/share/rtems/html/porting/index.html

Having a CPU simulator that works nicely with gdb is a
big asset when doing a port but is not a requirement.
I did not see mention of using a processor simulator with
gdb but that doesn't mean you can't do it.

Porting RTEMS proper to a new CPU family involves
addressing the code in cpukit/score/<CPU> and
adding a BSP for the first board in the family.

OAR offers porting as a service if you are interested.
Most of the time a port to a new architecture takes
6-8 weeks given a simulator.