PPC405GPr with RTEMS + Support?

Thu Aug 5 16:45:50 UTC 2004

Greg Broten wrote:
> Joel:
>   I can understand Gene's confusion since RTEMS lists support for the
> PPC 4xx series.  IBM defines about 8 processors in this series starting
> with the 403GCX, ranging to the 440GP.
>  Without downloading RTEMS is there anyway of determining which specific
> chip/board combinations are supported?

The best way without a full download is probably to just browse CVS.

http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/rtems/c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/

is the libcpu directory where the model specific issues are addressed.
configure.ac looks at the RTEMS_CPU_MODEL and picks the subdirectories
that are needed.  It looks to me that the 405 is supported as a
variant of the 403 and uses the same ppc403 subdirectory.

http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/rtems/c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/

is where all the full PowerPC BSPs are found.  Sometimes a support
for a CPU model is submitted without an accompanying BSP.  This is
common when a board is proprietary.

Thomas Doerfler provides BSP development and wrote the helas403
BSP originally.  He would be a good resource also.  Wow! Thomas
submitted that in Sept 98.  Time flies.

--joel