FW: CYGWIN i386-rtems BSP pc686 Instalation promblems

Tue Aug 17 20:05:35 UTC 2004

Dwight Smith wrote:
> Try to run ticker.exe sample on a couple of pc's AMD Duron (800Mz) and Intel
> Pentium 4 (2.8Gz) with following results:
>
> Duron		ticker.exe(pc386) runs.
>
> Pentium	ticker.exe(pc386) fails
> Pentium	ticker.exe(pc586) fails
> Pentium	ticker.exe(pc686) fails

How does it fail?  The primary differences in those BSP variants is in
the use of different CPU flags to gcc.  pcXXX where XXX < Pentium also
uses the counter/timer for the benchmark timer driver where XXX >=
Pentium uses the on-CPU cycle counter.