Memory alignment on i386

CamiloAlejo at netscape.net CamiloAlejo at netscape.net
Fri Aug 27 19:26:11 UTC 2004

"Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com>" <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com> wrote:

I think my question was wrong, I want every single varible defined in my app to be 32-bit aligned, but more important is having structure members 32-bit aligned by default. I want my application optimized for speed, and having non 32-bit aligned memory access can be processor consuming.

I tried to find out if '--pack-struct' was enabled, but I found nothing.