Another GCC question (probably easy to answer)

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Thu Dec 2 00:02:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:09:45AM -0500, Etienne Fortin wrote:
> Is [bsrl vs jsr] this a bug in GCC? Or did I forgot, for the x time, a
> flag or option while invoking GCC? I also noticed that compiling RTEMS
> always produce "jsr" instruction instead of "bsrl". So there must be
> an option somewhere to control that...

bsrl instead of jsr makes me think it's some inline assembly; but as
chris suggests you can figure this out by finding out the exact command
line options being used to compile the object in which bsrl appears.

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com
  "Note that many bands' backline amps produce levels exceeding OSHA
   standards for industrial facilities.  Yet this is considered normal
   working conditions for musicians.  That's showbiz." -- Scott Dorsey