About AT91RM9200's EMAC driver

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Thu Dec 2 07:00:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

just a basic question: how is your sniffer attached to the
network?

If you are running the sniffer on your "host", which is directly
involved in the real ethernet communication with your target,
everything should work.

If your "sniffer" is a third machine (not the RTEMS system and
not the host), usually the network switches will ensure that any
communication between your RTEMS target and your host will be
invisible to the sniffer. Switches will send ethernet packets
only to the network trunks which lead to the system specified in
the ethernet MAC address. The only exception to this rule are
broadcast frames.

wkr,
Thomas.

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany