ICMP in RTEMS

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Dec 2 07:07:36 UTC 2004

Yanjun Luo wrote:

> Yes, I know that, but now I just test my hardware and our product will
> get it.

Great.

>>Why are these counters not being updated to show the driver activity ?
>

> Yes, this driver is not fully developed I think.

It may pay over the life of the project to add this code.

> I have print out it's contents, all of them a broadcast packets.

It looks like a unicast type issue in the driver.

> Think about you and lan's reply, I guess that maybe I set RTEMS
> a right MAC address, but fill hardware another one?
> How to check this? I just post my code init the MAC address.

I would look at the driver code and see if you can add something to the
driver stats function to read the MAC address back from the hardware and
to show it.

I am sure this would also be a welcome patch for RTEMS.

--
 Chris Johns