Coldfire Interrupt level during ISR?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Dec 3 23:39:39 UTC 2004

Alan Cudmore wrote:
> On our coldfire BSP in RTEMS 4.6.0, we noticed that one interrupt is
> being serviced in the middle of another. We are not sure that we want to
> allow nested interrupts on our application, so how do I find the code
> where the interrupt level is being set for an ISR?

If you make the interrupt sources request at the same level you can
avoid this.

I am not sure I understand your question about the interrupt level being
set. The level will be set in the interrupt hardware for the specific
device. The Coldfire's interrupt controller handles this. The Coldfire
interrupt controller for the 5206e and 5272 have level and priority
fields so you can have interrupts share the same level as long as they
have different priorities.

--
  Chris Johns