Breaking in a specific thread.

Steve Holle sholle at link-comm.com
Fri Dec 10 16:23:10 UTC 2004

I have a task that is deadlocking on some semaphore or something when I
open another task.  The tasks are setup as timesliced so the unresponsive
task must be getting serviced, I think, but I don't know how to determine
where.  I'm using DDD and a BMD to debug with but I don't know how to break
only in the thread that's locking so I can what it's waiting for.

I've tried using the Capture Engine but because of the other system
complications I can't use anything that uses printf as we had to define it
out to prevent another package we are using from printing endless status
messages.

Does anyone have a technique for breaking in a specific thread?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Holle
Link Communications, Inc.
1035 Cerise Rd.