"Can't obtain network semaphore"

Wed Dec 15 12:23:33 UTC 2004

Ian Caddy wrote:

> Till Straumann wrote:
>

>> You're off track. The ID isn't used but the networking code
>> uses the core mutex directly. Read libnetworking/rtems/rtems_glue.c
>> (RTEMS_FAST_MUTEX defined)
>>
>> T.
>>

>>> was 4 then (at least on 4.5.0) indicates a:
>

> Now it all sort of makes sense why I didn't understand what you and
> Chris were talking about.  We use RTEMS 4.5.0 still and that was the
> codebase that I was looking at which doesn't have any of this code in it.
>
> I just got hold of the 4.6.1 rtems_glue.c and I understand, as long as
> the RTEMS_FAST_MUTEX is defined.  Is it defined in Steve's system?  If
> not then my original comments still stand.

I think it is possible that the pointer to the score mutex is being
written over.

I still wonder if there is really any value to not calling the
real semaphore services.  I thought the direct use of score services
was just temporary for comparison and speed improvement until
we had the optimizations in semaphore.

Chris/Eric what do you guys remember?