Open RTEMS Classes for 2005

Wed Dec 15 16:18:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

I wanted to have everything ready for a better announcement
than this but I haven't felt well this week. So here is a
minimal announcement until I can put together something
better and more complete. :(

The class material will cover the following topics:

     * realtime system design
     * semantics of BSP building and maintenance
     * driver development for clock, timer and RTC drivers
     * console drivers for raw and termios mode
     * network drivers
     * BSP structure
     * handling of target depenencies
     * Classic API
     * POSIX API

A class will be held in Huntsville AL March 8-11, 2005.
February 19 has been set as the cut-off for having a
minimum number of attendees for the class.  Contact myself
or Mark Johannes (mark.johannes AT OARcorp.com)
for details and registering.

A class will be held in Munich in June 2005 probably the
21st to 24th.  The exact details have not been settled
on this one.  Contact Thomas Doerfler  <Thomas.Doerfler AT
imd-systems.de> for information on this one.

For the Huntsville class, I am considering offering a session
on Monday for development environment setup.  You would bring
a Linux laptop and we would setup an RTEMS cross environment
for one of a handful of BSPs with simulators. You would be
able to run RTEMS programs on that simulator by the end of the
day.  The set of simulators will include ones for the MIPS,
PowerPC, and SPARC.  I am investigating adding the ARM and
x86 to the list of choices.  If interested in this, please
contact me so I can know what attendess are technically
interested in.

I hoe to see you at one of these. :)