Blackfin CPU support

Wed Dec 29 15:33:42 UTC 2004

Stefan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if RTEMS is been ported to the Analog Devices Blackfin
> processor?

This is the last time I answered this.  Maybe he has made progress.

http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2004/august/msg00014.html

That post gave info on the porting documentation and process.

> I am thinking of porting RTEMS to this architecture using the toolchain from
> the ucLinux Blackfin project.

That's probably a good starting point but you will need to make sure
__rtems__ is a predefine and not unix or linux.  Check out the minor
differences most gcc/config/CPU/rtems* files make to a basic *-elf
configuration.

Use their source base and if there is a blackfin-elf target
supported, use that as a basis for blackfin-rtems.

Feel free to ask questions about the porting process and
if you need consulting help, that's what I am here for. :)