ICMP in RTEMS

Yanjun Luo yjluo at panjet.net
Thu Dec 2 07:23:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

> This address is fine for testing, but any production hardware needs
> an OUI number. See IEEE for details on obtaining a valid OUI number:
>
>  http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml

Yes, I know that, but now I just test my hardware and our product will
get it.

> Why are these counters not being updated to show the driver activity ?

Yes, this driver is not fully developed I think.

> > ************ IP Statistics ************
> >              total packets received        5158
> >  datagrams delivered to upper level        5158
> >     total ip packets generated here        3035
> >   datagrams successfully fragmented          12
> >            output fragments created          72
> >

> Packets are being received. Do you know what these packets are ?

I have print out it's contents, all of them a broadcast packets.

> Can you see this traffic with the sniffer ?

Yes, I can catch UDP packet from my board, also ARP reply is OK.
And at TCP test, I can catch ARP request and but nothing else.
Even I can't see my PC reply this ARP request. Something must
be wrong with this.

Think about you and lan's reply, I guess that maybe I set RTEMS
a right MAC address, but fill hardware another one?
How to check this? I just post my code init the MAC address.

Again, my board is something like AT91RM9200DK, but I changed
something, and I'm using RTEMS from here:
http://www.lopingdog.com/rtems

Regards,
Yanjun Luo.