Thread question

Angelo Fraietta afraiett at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 11 00:05:55 UTC 2004

Steve Holle wrote:

> If I disable task 1A, 1B keeps running even with the streaming audio
> running.
>
> I assumes that since 1A and 1B where set up to timeslice that whatever
> time was left 1A and 1B would get serviced.  That is obviously a false
> assumption.

I am pretty sure that if a higher priority thread takes control at any
stage, the thread that was switched out will get switched back in;
however, it's timeslices will start again at zero. It is possible in
that case for one thread to get starved because the thread of equal
priority keeps getting switched back with it's timeslice count set back
to the start

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859