"Can't obtain network semaphore"

Ian Caddy ianc at microsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 15 05:51:53 UTC 2004

Till Straumann wrote:

> You're off track. The ID isn't used but the networking code
> uses the core mutex directly. Read libnetworking/rtems/rtems_glue.c
> (RTEMS_FAST_MUTEX defined)
>
> T.
>

>> was 4 then (at least on 4.5.0) indicates a:

Now it all sort of makes sense why I didn't understand what you and
Chris were talking about.  We use RTEMS 4.5.0 still and that was the
codebase that I was looking at which doesn't have any of this code in it.

I just got hold of the 4.6.1 rtems_glue.c and I understand, as long as
the RTEMS_FAST_MUTEX is defined.  Is it defined in Steve's system?  If
not then my original comments still stand.

Ian C.