"Can't obtain network semaphore"

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 16 18:34:17 UTC 2004

Steve Holle wrote:
> I bit the bullet and undefed RTEMS_FAST_MUTEX and recompiled this
> morning and now I get the error message :
> RTEMS: Can't obtain network semaphore: `object deleted while waiting'
>
> Does this give us any more details?

No. That's consistent with the error code # 4 you observed earlier.

It's strange. I really couldn't find any other place for this
being set to 4 other than rtems_semaphore_delete()
[which calls _CORE_mutex_Flush(..., CORE_MUTEX_WAS_DELETED /* == 4 */)]

> How can I trap on that specific semaphore being deleted, as I don't
> think it ever should.

Try to break in _Thread_queue_Flush at the line

the_thread->Wait.return_code = status;

(you could make this a conditional break subject to status == 4)

-- Till