Which newlib version for CVS trunc RTEMS?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Dec 23 16:59:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 18:16 +0300, Sergei Organov wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org> writes:
> > On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 13:08 +0300, Sergei Organov wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Which newlib version is appropriate for the current CVS trunc RTEMS?

> > For all other targets, any version of newlib should be fine.
>
> OK, thanks. I'm compiling for PowerPC. I've now used newlib 1.12.0. The
> only trouble I've found (and resolved) was multiple definition of
> int64_t, int32_t, int16_t, and int8_t caused by the RTESM-specific part
> of 'newlib/libc/include/machine/types.h'
Hmm, ... these are the bugs in newlib, I was referring too, above.
These types are "just wrong" on some targets, however had not been
exposed before, because they had not been used ...

... now they are widely used, and ...

> as these are already defined by
> the 'cpukit/libcsupport/include/stdint.h'.
That's the location they are supposed to be defined.

Please find enclosed the newlib patch (against newlib-1.13.0), I am
currently using.

Ralf