ifmedia_xx() and mii_xx() ?

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Mon Feb 9 17:07:47 UTC 2004

Hi Kate,

all the references to "ifmedia_xx" functions in
the if_fxp driver are inactive, because they are
embraced in a "#ifdef NOTUSED ... #endif" pair.
Maybe this is not the cleanest (and most obvious)
way to make code inactive, but it keeps most of
the original code in place. As you might have
seen, the if_fxp driver was ported rather quick-
and-dirty from the FreeBSD code base.

wkr,
	Thomas Doerfler.

> Hi all,
>

> While porting the  NetBSD files: if_media.c and mii.c
> for my RTEMS software, I noticed that the
> rtems-4.6.0pre3/c/src/libchip/network/if_fxp.c file
> actually calls some of the functions, for example :
> ifmedia_init(), ifmedia_add(), mii_mediachg(),...
> ,etc..  Strangely, I could not find the source codes
> for thoses ifmedia_xx() and mii_xx() functions in
> the rtems-4.6.0pre3 release.  Please advise.
>

> Thanks,
> Kate

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de