mvme167 boot question

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Sat Feb 14 17:45:53 UTC 2004

Till Straumann wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have an old mvme167 board I want to boot RTEMS.
> However, I only have the vxWorks bootrom.
>
>  - Does anybody know how to boot RTEMS using the
>    vxworks rom? (Tried generating an a.out binary
>    linked/loaded to 0x20000 but that didn't seem
>    to work)

Did you try a file on a VxWorks downloadable image?  That
might be a starting point on figuring out where it gets loaded.
Then maybe an nm or an objdump for section headers.

>  - Does anybody know where I can get the 167Bug
>    firmware? Is there a downloadable romimage
>    somewhere?

I couldn't find one on Motorola's site but a call to a field rep
might yield one.  It should be available if you have a board.