ERC32 and FPU problems?

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Feb 17 11:51:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 12:11, Carl-Johan Hansson wrote:
> I'm using an ERC32 from Atmel(TSC695F) and have problem getting the FPU to
> work as is should. I'm compiling and linken using "sparc-rtems-gcc -tsc691
> -O3 -rtems -g"

Which compiler are you using? -tsc691 and -rtems are no valid options to
the standard sparc-rtems*-gcc's.

>  and if I do a #ifdef CPU_HARDWARE_FP in my main program it
> looks like it set. But if I use a float instruction I get a trap because I
> use float without enabling the FPU. The program works if I use -msoft-float,
> but I know the processor got a FPU and I want to use it!  Anyone got a clue?
Several possibilities:
* You need to initialize the FPU somewhere in your code (bspstart.c or
may-be your startup file)
* You are mixing fpu-compiled objects and soft-float compiled objects.
If you are not using multilibs, you have to rebuild all of the BSP when
switching between soft and hard-float.

Ralf