Bootpc

Angelo Fraietta afraiett at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 17 19:00:52 UTC 2004

I currently have the bootpc working on My DIMMPC, however, I would like
to have the ability to set a default IP address if BOOTPC did not work.

For example, if the device is booted up while it is connected to my PC,
it will obtain the IP address from my PC. If, however, the device is
booted up in a music installation, and I want to plug my laptop in
later, I want to be able to connect to it, which would be a typical
situation for my instrument.

The function
void bootpc_init(int update_files)
in
rtems-4.6.0pre5/cpukit/libnetworking/nfs/bootp_subr.c

Is stuck in a loop
BOOTPC timeout for server 0xffffffff

Is there a possibility that an option could be added to return false
after a certain number of attempts. Maybe another function or something?

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303