vacant rpm directory for fedora

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Feb 18 07:08:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 06:20, Mike Hughes wrote:
> I'm hopefully looking for a release that will work on fedora.
> I don't have redhat7.3
> I have 8.0
The rh7.3 rpms should be usable on RH-8.0. At least they also work under
FC1, and I don't know any reason why they shouldn't also do for RH-8.0

> will there ever be a release for fedora?
Joel had announced OAR to be setting up Fedora systems and to build
Fedora RPMS, but ... nothing has happened since.

I am using FC1 and have locally built RTEMS rpms, but ...
* I don't have the bandwidth to upload them to www.rtems.com.

* The rh73-srpms don't build on Fedora for 2 reasons:
- A bug in the rpm.specs that doesn't hit on RH7.3.
- Building gcc-3.2.3's GNAT requires to have a native gcc-3.2.x gnat -
Fedora's used gcc-3.3.2's GNAT (No way to build RTEMS GNAT on Fedora
without major effort.)

Ralf