some newbie questions

sebastian ssmoller sebastian.ssmoller at gmx.net
Wed Feb 18 20:15:45 UTC 2004

ok two more questions :)

- to be able to use printk i have to set the hook bsp_output_char which
does the actual "displaying" of the char, right ? but how could i put
something on the console without the rtems init process ? the only idea
i have at the moment is to use the "user led" at the front panel of my
board ...

- using the approach with incrementing a variable and seeing where the
app hangs leaves one problem: how could i display/look into the variable
when the board hangs ? i am not able to enter any commands so i cannot
use any feature of the monitor in this situation ...

thx

regards,
seb

> On the other hand, if printk() works, then you're much
> futher along than originally suspected, so try that first.
> Ed

(...)