Help building gdb

David Querbach querbach at realtime.bc.ca
Thu Feb 19 17:09:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 08:27:52AM -0000, Stevens Brian wrote:

> I am trying to build a cross development system as follows:-
>
> 	Host:	GNU/Linux (Mandrake 9.2 on an AMD K6)
> 	Target	i386-pc
>
> When I try to build gdb I get an error reporting that it was unable to find
> a term library and it appears to have been searching for  a file called
> tgetent.

You need libtermcap and its sources.  According to the Debian documentation,
the best way to get these nowadays is to install the ncurses libraries and
sources.

I've found that when I install the ncurses source (Debian ncurses-dev
package), the gdb configure script makes the proper adjustments and gdb
builds and runs properly.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.