some newbie questions

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Thu Feb 19 20:30:34 UTC 2004

Sebastian,

I somewhere lost your "newbie" mail thread, but today I read,
that you are trying to get BDM up and running. In general this
is a good idea, but I have in mind that you are working with a
68040/68360 combination, where the CPU32+ core in the 68360 is
disabled. Since BDM is an interface into exactly this core, it
will not work (since the actual core executing is the 68040).

Maybe I missed something, then my statement would be obsolete,
but if you really have the 68040 executing the code you simply
can spare the time for your BDM efforts.

wkr,
	Thomas.

> thx for the hint. i had a short look at it and the freebsd driver does
> not compile :(
> possibly 5-current is not supported. i will have a deeper look at it on
> weekend
>
> regards,
> seb
>

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:11:01 -0800
> "Aaron J. Grier" <aaron at frye.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 07:47:56PM +0100, sebastian ssmoller wrote:
> > > the monitor support bdm i guess. unfortunately my system (freebsd)
> > > doesnt support it (no driver). i will setup a linux box these days
> > > and
> > > i'll try to run bdm+gdb on it ...
> >
> > bdm should be available for FreeBSD:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/bdm/
> >
> > even though the files on sourceforge are old, the project is still in
> > active development.
> >
> > --
> >   Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com
> >

> --
> Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?
> Linux: Where do you want to go tomorrow?
> FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
> OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
PGP public key available at: http://www.imd-
systems.de/pgp_keys.htm