Posix Threads

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Feb 20 14:02:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 12:34, sashti srinivasan wrote:
> Hello All,
>

>      One more doubt.  Instead of using the traditional
> makefile distributed with example applications, I have
> made my own (from whatever appeared on the console
> while running make on the distributed makefile).

IMO, a very good idea! Just treat using RTEMS like you would treat the
OS in other application development environments.

[It's not a secret that I dislike the RTEMS example Makefiles and would
like to see them abandoned ASAP.]

>   This
> also works fine.  During link time, if we link with
> some .rel files, some of the directives do not work.
> Please explain me what are these .rel files.

relocatible object files.

They "glue" together several *.o's into another object files, which are
treated as separate entity when linking.

Compilation-wise, they are similar to separate programs, which resolve
their link-dependencies against the OS.

>   I am
> sorry if it is a trivial doubt.  In this case, please
> give me pointers about this.

Check ld's and gcc's documentation for "-r".
--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)