Multiple Linkcmds and BSP Options

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 20 14:18:39 UTC 2004

Hi Ralf,

> > I have some trouble to understand how to have BSP
> > Option into my BSP like
> > gensh4 for START_HW_INIT for
> > example.
> Please have a look at how the gensh2 does it.
> The gensh4's configuration is a bit dated and needs
to be overhauled.

It's done of course, I look at genshX and mbx8xx BSPs.

> > I would like to have the console to be enable with
> > option with the main
> > build configure rtems/configure in fact
> > with --enable-xxxxx feature :-). Is it correct or
> > make some mistake.
> It's possible. Just extend your BSP's configure.ac
to handle this
> option.

It's what I want to do at beginning but I still not
found own can
I link the --enable-xxxx with my option constant.

Example :

	--enable-console

#define constant I want is CONSOLE_ENABLE

how can I say to configure to use --enable-console
option to defined
CONSOLE_ENABLE

> > I saw how to put the option in my BSP like the
gensh4
?
> I don't understand.
>
> A libbsp/<cpu>/<bsp>/configure.ac configures the
Makefiles in
> directories below it. It also generates a
config-header file "bspopts.h"
> which is supposed to be included by _all_ files
below c/src (It is
> included by bsp.h, therefore normally will be
included by all BSP
> dependent files).
>
> This "bspopts.h" contains all the defines
libbsp/<cpu>/<bsp>/configure
> generates and want to be propagated and acknowledged
by other sources.

> The easiest way to do what you want currently is to
apply the
> RTEMS_BSPOPTS* m4-macros in your BSP's configure
scripts.
> (cf. gensh2/configure.ac and aclocal/bspopts.m4)

Now I am test another solution to define BSP option in
fact like mbx8xx BSP.

I am now two bsp name with one bsp source tree
(bsp-alias)
I have boardbso and boardbsp_nocons and I use
RTEMS_BSPOPTS
to define CONSOLE_ENABLE if bsp name have _nocons in
it.

But I still not understand how to use --enable-xxxxx.
:-( May be I am
stupid...... :-)

For linkcmds, I have done what you say, one source
tree two linkcmds with
one linkcmds
for default. In fact is only to integrate my bsp
firmware (fbug) or not, so
I had to
configure different memory map (little bigger without
fbug) and to
initialise VBR and
the initial stack (that will not be in my firmware ram
map if absent). Right
now that
seems to work (I talk about selection of linkcmds
with -qnolinkcmds -TWHATIWANT).

Thanks a lot

Cedric