Posix Threads, pthreads?

Sat Feb 21 12:47:51 UTC 2004

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 10:18, sashti srinivasan wrote:
>

> My target platform is linux. i.e.,
>
>>I built rtems without --target option.
>>

>That's the problem: RTEMS's pthreads are supported for embedded targets
>only, but not with the unix/posix BSP.

It would take some work to make the UNIX target work such that all
embedded features
were there.  Essentially you can't use the native C library at all and
have to use system
calls for IO and bind that to RTEMS C library.  This hasn't been worth
the effort for anyone
because of the next paragraph.

To test what you are doing there is a much easier solution.  Simply use
the target
sparc-rtems, mips-rtems, or powerpc-rtems and use either the erc32, jmr3904,
or psim simulator BSP.  This gives you a simulated piece of target
hardware with
a clock tick and a console device.  It is enough to do a lot of
testing.  And these
all are easy to setup.

--joel