anybody using mvme167 BSP with networking?

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Wed Feb 25 02:20:30 UTC 2004

Till Straumann wrote:

> The 596 has a 586 compatibility mode.

Just checked the mvme172 and it has the 82596 on it so this driver
should work. It has been a while since I looked at this.

> Yes, I'm interested. The 586/libchip driver looks much better.

I attach my driver support routines for the mvme172 so it is archived on
the list.

It does contain my private 'rtems_interrupt_catch_with_void' where a
'void*' is passed back to the interrupt handler. It will not be hard to
change and bounce to the driver interrupt.

I can send off line the other support files I have for VC2 and MC2
devices it you need to reference them as this code does contain calls to
them.

Watch the MAC address setup. It maybe specific to the mvme172.

> Any driver with an ISR longer than 30 lines looks suspicious to
> me ;-)

I have not checked the driver for performance as it was not an issue,
but it has proved to be stable.

Updating the mvme167 BSP to use libchip would be great.

--
  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au