m68040 FPSP question

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Wed Feb 25 04:22:14 UTC 2004

Till Straumann wrote:

> Again some nameclashes:
>
> FPSP exports a bunch of name-clash prone symbols,
> two of which actually clash with libm symbols:
>
>  'round' and 'sinf'
>
> The latter returns 'signed infinity' (FPSP)
> or a single precision sin()  (libm) !
>
> What to do?

Is the FPSP the software emulation of the instructions missing from the
68020 ?

If so then I suggest you consider using a -m68040 for newlib (which
should already be done) and RTEMS. This removes the need for any
emulation software.

IMO this library is only needed if you have a binary which needs to be
moved from the 68020 to the 68040.

I use a multilib RTEMS for the 68EC060 without any emulation and it
works fine (the EC does not have a FP unit so also have -msoft-float).

--
  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au