Intec Automation SS555 Port

David Querbach querbach at realtime.bc.ca
Thu Feb 5 20:11:46 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 01:19:48PM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> From your description, I see no technical reason why this wouldn't
> be an acceptable submission.  I see no mention of modifications
> to anything that should impact other CPUs or BSPs.

That's been a major goal of ours.

> The biggest issues facing this submission will be dealing with
> merging it.  There are two issues there.
>
> (1) The development trunk where this would be merged has had a
> LOT of work done on the configure and make infrastructure and
> this will have to be addressed.  The best approach here is to
> merge it against the next snapshot which will be coming as soon
> as some test sweeps are completed.  All testing was focused on
> 4.6.0 so the snapshot side needs some sanity checking.

Our current work is based on the 4.6.0 branch, since our customer wants a
stable release.  We'll need to get that complete before we could merge our
work into a development branch.

Can you provide a brief summary, or some sort of a readers guide, to the
configure and make changes?

> (2) There is some other mpc5xx work from Wilfried Busalski which
> has not been merged.  Any conflicts or overlaps between that and
> yours will have to be addressed.  I can send that to you directly
> and you can merge it with your work.  Hopefully you will be submitting
> soon and I will only have to merge one submission will deal with both.

If you'll send his work along, I'll be glad to have a look at it.

> When is this expected to be submitted?

Late March or early April.

> How is the performance?

Don't know yet -- we're still coding.