problems with network processing

Sergei Organov osv at topconrd.ru
Fri Feb 13 13:15:52 UTC 2004

"Eugene Denisov" <dea at sendmail.ru> writes:
> Thank you very much.
> Yet another question: I recently try to fix this problem by increasing
> 'HeapSize' parameter
> in Makefile (according RTEMS documentation):
>
> CFLAGS_LD += -Wl,--defsym -Wl,HeapSize=0xa00000
>
> I found changes in this parameter help - the socket stalls rarely (now I
> chagme this parameter from 0x500000 and system seems to work stable). Have
> you any to say about?

Besides mbufs/mbuf clusters, BSD stack also takes some (unbound) space from
the heap though my observation is that it doesn't stall forever when no space
left in the heap. For my project I've modified the rtems glue code so that BSD
stack takes space from separate heap that is about 32Kb in size and it works
fine. The reason for such decision is to force an upper bound on the memory
BSD stack eats, not stability of its behavior.

--
Sergei.