some newbie questions

Thu Feb 19 21:17:29 UTC 2004

sebastian ssmoller wrote:

> > > it seems that this funktion (hook) is not implemented for all bsp
> > > (?) is
> > > there a reason ?
> >
> > printk() actually is newer than some of the older BSPs and it
> > just hasn't been done.
> >
> > FWIW some of the BSPs which do not seem to have users any longer
> > have been purged in the 4.7 tree.  This is usually done after
> > checking when the last mention of the BSP on the list is,
> > when the last non-configurery change was, and asking the person
> > who submitted it if the BSP is still in use.
> >
> (...)
>
> that do u meen with "purged" ? : the support and the board code is
> removed from rtems when there seems no use of it(currently)??

Yes.  A few BSPs have been removed from the RTEMS development
tree.  One of the first requirements is that the BSP is for obsolete
hardware.  Another is that there have to be other examples for
that CPU.  We err on the side of caution.

I would be prone to remove the m68k/dmv152 and powerpc/dmv177
since neither is available now, they have not been available for
a few years now, and AFAIK no one is using either with RTEMS.