anybody using mvme167 BSP with networking?

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Tue Feb 24 23:53:26 UTC 2004

Till Straumann wrote:
> Is there anybody out there using the mvme167BSP's
> networking driver?

How different is the 82596 from the 82586 ?

My data book is not handy so cannot look it up, but if they are close
the i82586 in libchip works well on a mvme172. I seem to remember them
being close but could be mistaken.

> I found that it has quite some bugs and does funny
> things like potentially busy-waiting for a second
> or call 'printf' from ISR context !!
>
> Does anybody have experience with this driver? Who
> is supporting it?

I ported the 82586 driver in libchip. I have a mvme172 setup file
somewhere if you are interested.

--
  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au