Problem with ATA driver on pc386

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Tue Jan 20 12:46:37 UTC 2004

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 11:28, Eugene Denisov wrote:
>
>>It worked with 4.6.5pre4.
>>With pre4 I was able to build this but 'ata.h' is somewhere in other place
>
> Joel has moved it to libchip/ide, so it now can be found inside of the
> source tree at: c/src/libchip/ide/ata.h
>
> After installation it is supposed to be located at
> $(includedir)/libchip/ata.h
>
> => You want to
> #include <libchip/ata.h>

Considering the importance of disk storage in many new embedded system
(mp3 player, ...), I think that sooner or later it will be as mandatory
as TCP/IP in the past. So even if it is not perfect, having a test that
builds ATA + FAT32 + create some files in an example application would
be a good idea and would avoid this kind of problem...

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr