Problem with ATA driver on pc386

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Jan 21 15:01:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 22:44, Angelo Fraietta wrote:
> Eugene Denisov wrote:
>
> >Thank you, I'll try 4.6.0pre4.
> >I suspected the problem is in 4.6.0pre5, it seems this release is rather
> >raw, at least PCI support in i386 platform is broken and I had to modify
> >sources slightly.

Please file such problems as PR to RTEMS GNATS, otherwise they probably
won't be fixed unless somebody else trips them.

> I just tested with pre 5 and it worked fine.
> After installing, eg, where /opt/rtems is the install point
> make RTEMS_BSP=pc386dx install
>
> Is it possible anywhere within /opt/rtems to see the actual version of
> RTEMS I have installed?
I don't know what you want to do, but ...

There is the #define RTEMS_VERSION in
/opt/rtems/<target>/<bsp>/lib/include/rtems/score/cpuopts.h
which describing the version of librtemscpu.a. This doesn't necessarily
have to match with the version of librtemsbsp.a.

To examine the version at runtime, there is uname(3) and _RTEMS_version.

Ralf