[RTEMS]: n/w stack - local loopback error

Chuck Tuffli chuck_tuffli at agilent.com
Fri Jan 23 15:52:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:40:52AM +0530, mansoor wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Iam working on a mips R3000 core. Iam currently testing the network stack
> (local loopback). I built the loopback sample, when i executed the
> image (loopback.exe) on my target it throws the
> following error "Can't set lo0 address: No such process".
> I have programmed my clock for 500 ticks per second.
> My heap size is 0x80000
> My stack size is 0x2000
>
> What could be the problem.

Don't know exactly what the problem is, but here are some of the
settings you may need to tweak for networking. This is cut from a
small test program of mine (thus the editorial comments) in which I
kept increasing the values til things worked better :)
If I had to guess, my bet would be that your maximum number of tasks
is too small. Good luck!

---chuck

/* 4 works (stdin, stdout, stderr, network(?)) but the examples set this
 * higher
 */
#define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS 50
#define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_INITIAL_MODES (RTEMS_PREEMPT | \
                                           RTEMS_NO_TIMESLICE | \
                                           RTEMS_NO_ASR | \
                                           RTEMS_INTERRUPT_LEVEL(0))

/* At least 4 tasks: 1 app, 1 networking, 1 net Tx, 1 net Rx
 * Update : 5 gets us into network initialization
 */
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS				20
/* At least 1 semaphore: 1 networking, 1 logging
 * Update : 3 gets us into network initialization
 */
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES		20
/* At least 1 queue for who knows what
 */
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES	20

--
Chuck Tuffli    <chuck_tuffli AT NO_SPAM agilent DOT com>
Agilent Technologies, Storage Area Networking