RTC bsp trouble.

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 29 15:01:25 UTC 2004

In fact in resume, my trouble is to call a function,
of my own
bsp, in my application without use RTEMS API, that's
my real trouble.

I don't find any RTEMS API to drive my RTC so I use my
own (those are
described
in bsp how to) to synch TOD and RTC, but.....

Undefined Reference :-)

Thanks a lot

Cedric

problem I
> saw with RTC in
> MPC860 was that RTC has 1 sec resolution, while
RTEMS has theoretically
> unlimited resolution and is used also for system
scheduling. I should say
> that TOD in RTEMS is more "buy product" rather then
real target...:-))

wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I try to had a rtc driver into my bsp, and I have
some
> > trouble with it.
> >
> > First question, I understood that RTEMS only use
the
> > clock ticks to do it's
> > tod,
> > it doesn't use the rtc at all. Am I right ?
> > In fact in need to use (in my application) the
> > fucntion setRealTimeToRTEMS()
> > and
> > setRealTimeFromRTEMS() from my rtc driver to
> > synchronise RTEMS tod and RTC
> > tod.
> > Am I right?
> >
> > In fact I use the generic rtc driver with
> > setRealTime(To/From)RTEMS()
> > functions
> > provided in libbsp/shared. I make a tod directory,
had
> > it to configure, bsp
> > makefile
> > and wrapup makefile.
> >
> > Now my trouble is in my application compilation, I
> > can't link with
> > setRealTimeToRTEMS()
> > and setRealTimeFromRTEMS() and rtc_initialize
> > (undefined symbol) , in fact
> > all function in the generic rtc
> > driver provide in libbsp/shared/tod.c
> >
> > Did I make some mistake or miss something ?
> >
> > Or should am I wrong by using this function in my
> > application ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> >
> > Cedric
> >
> > --
> > Cedric AUBERT
> > Ingenieur Recherche et Developpement
> > SDEL Controle Commande
> > D2A - Rue Nungesser et Coli
> > 44860 Saint Aignan de Grand Lieu
> > FRANCE
> >
> > Tel : +33 (0)2 40 84 50 00
> > Poste : 5109
> > Fax : +33 (0)2 40 84 51 10
> >
> > E-mail : cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
> > Web : http://www.sdelcc.com

> > Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool.
Try it!