RTC bsp trouble.

Thu Jan 29 18:30:41 UTC 2004

Cedric Aubert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I try to had a rtc driver into my bsp, and I have some
> trouble with it.
>
> First question, I understood that RTEMS only use the
> clock ticks to do it's
> tod,
> it doesn't use the rtc at all. Am I right ?
> In fact in need to use (in my application) the
> fucntion setRealTimeToRTEMS()
> and
> setRealTimeFromRTEMS() from my rtc driver to
> synchronise RTEMS tod and RTC
> tod.
> Am I right?

Yes.

> In fact I use the generic rtc driver with
> setRealTime(To/From)RTEMS()
> functions
> provided in libbsp/shared. I make a tod directory, had
> it to configure, bsp
> makefile
> and wrapup makefile.

Did you put in a tod configuration similar to
that in the powerpc/dmv177 BSP?

> Now my trouble is in my application compilation, I
> can't link with
> setRealTimeToRTEMS()
> and setRealTimeFromRTEMS() and rtc_initialize
> (undefined symbol) , in fact
> all function in the generic rtc
> driver provide in libbsp/shared/tod.c

You are not including the RTC device driver in your
device table.

#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_RTC_DRIVER

should let confdehs.h know about it.

> Did I make some mistake or miss something ?
>
> Or should am I wrong by using this function in my
> application ?

Sound like you missed the confdefs.h constant and
are not getting the driver installed.  You may
also not have the RTC/TOD configuration.

Also make sure your tod directory in your BSP
is doing the magic to get the shared tod.c and tod.h .