RTC bsp trouble.

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Jan 30 13:02:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 13:53, Cedric Aubert wrote:
> hi alls,
>
> Thanks a lot for all people try to help me.
>
> I have found my trouble, is not due to RTEMS or it's
> usage in fact, it was
> my compiling script (I made some script to compile
> specific BSP for RTEMS)
> that don't detect a compilation trouble.
That's why make exists and why using compliation scripts is a bad idea.

> In fact tod directory of my bsp wasn't compiling well
> so non tod.rel was
> realize and with "wildcard", it don't put it in the
> librtemsbsp so my
> application can't link with. :-)
>
> That's works well now.
>
> But during my research of my trouble, I have found
> some difference
> between some Makefile.
>
> I found some with target "all" and some with target
> "all-local"
>
> What is the difference ? (I am not a guru in Makefile
> :-)
In automake-Makefiles "all" is internally reserved for automake.

all-local is automake's make target reserved for customized, manual
additions.

You normally only want to use all-local.

> Try both, and look to work with the both.
No, they are not equivalent. You should only be using all-local in
custom rules.

Ralf