Rtems with Philips LPC2106 ???

Thomas Schrein thomas at schrein.com
Sat Jan 17 13:38:13 UTC 2004

First of all thanx to list for your quick answers to the questions of a
newbie like me :-)

As a result of this discussion it seems to me to be worth to do more
investigations on that part and to  play around with rtems and the LPC21xx.
Philips has anncounced a version with integrated ethernet and a version
with integrated CAN. But how to use these network interfaces with such
limited memory ? Does rtems has a too large footprint compare with
systems like ecos etc. ?

It would be quite nice to use only one OS, like rtems, in control
applications using in a distributed network enviroment consisting of
controllers of different sizes: rtems working in a sensor as well as in
a big management or control systems.

I am a novice at rtems. How to do the next steps ?
My ideas is to buy an ARM7 eva board like the EB40 form ATMEL to have a
stable test basis and to buy a LPC eva board. From that EB40 basis it
should be not so hard to port rtems to the LPC and  then figure out  the
opportunities.

Does anyone has experience with the EB40 ? Or can you recommend me an
other one ?
Can I get further advices from the list if I am in trouble ?
Where can I fiind the propper info redarding the use of RTEMS with ARM7
to start ?  I  haven't found much ARM7 stuff on the server, esp. in the
BSP section.

Thomas