Executive shutdown

Tue Jul 6 14:25:37 UTC 2004

brian wrote:
> Joel,
>
> Thank you for your reply,
>
> As part of my studies I am looking at the reuse of an application that was
> crafted directly to a processor and looking at how it could be moved to a
> more modern platform. Because of the close coupling possible it usd a 2ms
> interrupt to drive it.

With anything but POSIX signals, 2 milliseconds wouldn't be a big deal.
A more proper RTEMS solution would be to switch to Classic API Events
and set up a server task to receive them.  Much lower overhead.

> I have already found that a different processor/OS combintaion couldnot
> cope, the singals generated from the interrupt were being missed by the
> application because it could not keep up.
>
> Is there any way to put a trace in to check for stack overflow? and how easy
> is it to increase the stack ?

There is a stack checker in cpukit/libmisc/stackchk.  Define
STACK_CHECKER_ON before including confdefs.h.  The checks at
each context switch.  You might have to insert a force check
at critical points.