Help: Creating a file...

Victor V. Vengerov Victor.Vengerov at oktetlabs.ru
Fri Jul 9 09:26:36 UTC 2004

Alex,

Alex wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I still cant create a file using rtems i386 686 bsp, linux :-(
>Does rtems has any default file system ?

Yes, it is IMFS - "In-Memory File System". It is not persistent, of course.

>The code works well but I cant see the file :-(
>
>I want to do the folowing:
>I try the rtems program using a floppy disk, and grup booting.

No floppy disk driver available. Only ATA driver exists now.

>I want to create a file in that floppy disk when I execute the rtems program, is this possible?

You need to develop floppy driver to do that. :-(

>Do I need any extra tool?
>Any tips? advices? Source code?
>

>Please see the source code i am using (from rtems samples):
>The code work well, but where are the file?

File created in IMFS, and disappeared when RTEMS application exitted.

Victor

--
Victor Vengerov
OKTET Labs, St.-Petersburg, Russia  http://www.oktetlabs.ru