Mr Angelo Fraietta, One more question...How to create a persistent File?

Angelo Fraietta afraiett at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jul 14 22:56:50 UTC 2004

Joe OS wrote:

> HEllo Mr Angelo and thank you for for help...
>
> I used you source code, I compiled it and I runned it
> using a floppy disk with grub.
>
> I executeed the program, created file, etc but I cant
> see the file... :-(

First, are you using a DOS formatted Hard disk? Did you successfully
mount it in RTEMS?

When you created the file, did you create it as /dev/hda1/abc.txt

After performing the write, do a listing of the directory /dev/hda1

as there have been issue regarding flushing the file to the actual disk.

> Where is it supposed to be created the file whem I
> supply the abc.txt name?

It will be on the root of the hard drive

Everything works fine but
> when returning to linux I cant find the file in the
> floppy nor in the hd...
>
> Please, tell me, Can I browse the rtems file using
> linux cat command?

You should be able to.

> please, sorry about this questions but is beeing for
> me to understanding this subject...
>
> Many thanks for you time...

No problem